Frequently Asked Questions
- When is Kiddie Prep School Open?
- What documents need to be completed and given to the Kiddie Prep office, prior to my child's first day?
- Can I visit my child at Kiddie Prep School?
- How does the staff at Kiddie Prep School discipline the children in their care?
- How old must my child be before they can begin Kiddie Prep School?
- What do I need to know about my child receiving medications at Kiddie Prep School?
- When will my child be sent home if he/she is ill?
- What holidays are observed by Kiddie Prep School?
- When are tuition payments due?
- Is there a registration fee?
- What are the acceptable methods of payment?
- Does Kiddie Prep School close or have delays due to bad weather?
Kiddie Prep School is open from Monday through Friday, between the hours of 6:15 am and 6:00 pm.
- Registration Papers (available in the Kiddie Prep School Office ONLY)
- Physical and Immunization Form (available in the Kiddie Prep School Office or under the "forms" tab)
- State Food Form (available in the Kiddie Prep School Office or under the "forms" tab)
- Original Birth Certificate (The office staff will make a copy of the original and return the original to you.)
Parents are always welcome, we have an open door policy. Parents may observe children using the classroom monitoring system in the office, if they wish to go unnoticed by their child.
Child training and discipline is handled with kindness and understanding, but with firmness. Proverbs 12:1 says "If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes with it - how shortsighted to refuse correction." The use of corporal punishment is forbidden. Brief, supervised separation from the group may be used if needed. Attention is given to the needs of each individual child, while at the same time the child is encouraged to become a part of the group through group participation.
Kiddie Prep School is licensed to care for children ages 2-12.
The giving or application of medication, providing dietary supplements, making special variation of diet, and carrying out medical procedure, shall be done only on the written order or prescription from a physician to the parents, or to the school with the knowledge of the parents.
Medications prescribed for an individual child shall be kept in the original container bearing the original pharmacy label showing the prescription number, date filled, physician's name, directions for use, and the child's name. When the medication is no longer needed, medication shall be returned to the parents or destroyed.
Parents need to fill out a "Medication Form" available under the "forms" tab or available in each classroom through the teacher. The completed form should be given to the classroom teacher along with the medication and dosing spoon.
Children will be sent home for the following conditions:
- Temperature of 100 degrees or higher
- Sore or inflamed throat
- Congested nasal passages
- Excessive coughing
- Any undiagnosed rash or skin condition
- Pediculosis (head lice)
- Scalp ringworm
- Headache, nausea
- Any other sign of illness until diagnosed
Each situation will be given individual attention.
Kiddie Prep School is closed on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Kiddie Prep School closes early on Good Friday and Christmas Eve. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, Kiddie Prep School will be closed on Friday. If the holiday fall on a Sunday, Kiddie Prep School will be closed on Monday.
Tuition is payable on Monday or Tuesday of each week. Failure to pay tuiton fees for two consecutive weeks will cause the child to be disenrolled.
Parents may pay for two or three weeks at a time, if paying in advance.
There is a yearly registration fee of $50.00. This fee covers curriculum costs, as well as classroom supplies. The fee is charged prior to enrollment and every September 1st.
Kiddie Prep School accepts checks, money orders, or Online Bill Payments. Please NO CASH. There is a service charge for any returned check.
Kiddie Prep School will only close if a Level 1 Snow Emergency is declared for Allen County. We do not delay.